Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Rest of The School Year!

This week was the first week of the rest of the school year for me!! I'm subbing the rest of the year in a first grade classroom for a teacher who is having a baby. I got the text Monday morning that she had had her baby! The students were so excited!!! Even though this class is a bit of a challenge, I absolutely love it!! The staff are all sooooo nice!! Today, I got a key to the classroom and to the school (every substitute's DREAM)!!! I also, got an official Staff badge that all of the teachers wear!!! I was so happy and excited!! I feel pretty official now!  :)

This is what I wore yesterday when it was 75 degrees. Today, it's snowing and raining...and it's almost May! Unreal!

Striped sweater from Forever 21 (2 years ago) similar to this for $22.80.
Simply Vera Wang Capri Pants from Kohls (last year) similar to these for $36!!
Coral Sling Back Flats from TJ Maxx (NOW) similar to these for $14.99!!!

13 comments:

  1. Yes! Congrats on the long-term sub gig. Those are always the best ones to get your foot in the door at a school or school district. Love those pink shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I was really excited when the teacher asked me to do it for her!!! :)

      Delete
  2. How exciting!!! I am looking into subbing upon graduation next year, since Im not sure if there will be an openings, and right now Im volunteering each week in the school Id like to be at here.. volunteering/assisting is a great way to get your foot in the door too, but Im looking forward to applying and having the option of long-term subbing like you fall of next year! SO excited for you!!! Also love all of your outfits...I want to be as fashionable a teacher as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!! You will absolutely love subbing if you don't get a job right away!!! Thank you so much!! You are gorgeous lady!!!

      Delete
  3. Love the striped sweater! Congrats on the teaching! I know how nice it is to have a longer term placement, especially when it comes to building a relationship with the students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know!!! It makes it harder to leave them!! I get too close to students when I teach. I remember bawling my eyes out leaving my student teaching class last year before I graduated! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. That's so wonderful that you have a long term job! One of my good friends is a sub, so I know how nice it is to have consistency! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's sooooo nice being in the same classroom for awhile and actually getting to know the students more!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Yay, what grew at news! I'm sure it'll be a great way to end the school year :)
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I even get to do their grade cards at the end of the year! That's a new experience for me! I'm excited!!

      Delete
  6. cute outfit for school! love the stripe for spring :) haha my boyfriend is currently doing report cards for his class and he's stressing, I feel bad for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job! Outfit is perfect for school!

    - Lindsey & Amanda
    ohbuoyboston.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Amy. Hopefully next school year you get to teach on your own. What grade & class are you currently teaching?

    Lov the cardigan and hair sooo cute. 6 inches makes a big & much healthier difference.

    ReplyDelete