Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Flood = Rain Boots!

I spoke to soon when I was saying the weather was amazing and warm here earlier in the week. We have been having tons and tons of rain and cold temperatures ever since!!! That's just my luck! Haha! My city is known for it's terribly tragic floods. You might have seen it on the news this year or last year or in 2007 when we had the biggest flood of all in Findlay. Thankfully, my neighborhood is in the highest part of Findlay, so no damage. We had a two hour delay yesterday because so many roads were shut down due to flooding. It's still raining! I needed to get out my rain boots! I am not a big fan of rain boots even though they have some really cute ones. I got a pair in college because I can't stand it when the bottom of my pants get wet and walking around campus when it was raining was awful without these boots!!! I wasn't going to spend a lot on them either because I knew they would go through lots of rain and mud. Many teachers this week had their rain boots on too! You can dress them up and you can dress them down! They really are worth every penny when the bottom of your pants are still dry after you walked through massive puddles and pouring rain.


Classy
 Cheetah Umbrella from Kohls (old) similar to this for $11.14! By the way I love this one because it's so small I can just put it in my teach bag and keep it there for the days I have to walk kids out to their cars or buses!
Cheetah Scarf from Forever 21 (old) similar to this for $18.
Blue Peplum Sweater from TJ Maxx (last year) similar to this for $19.99!
Gray Skinny Pants from H&M (last year) similar to these for $27.99.
Blue Striped Rain Boots from TJ Maxx (old) similar to these for $31.29!

Casual
Pink Headband from Walmart 6-pack for $7.12!!
Blue Patagonia (My go-to comfort pullover) $94.
Basic Pink Top from Forever 21 for $9.80!
Skinny Jeans from Forever 21 (this year) for $10.80
Rain Boots from TJ Maxx (old) similar to these for $32.99.

Please keep the flood victims of Findlay, OH in your prayers.

15 comments:

  1. We're getting a lot of rain too! I love this peplum top! So cute! Hopefully the sun will come out for both of us soon!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, we had one nice day in Toronto, and its been raining and overcast ever since! It's raining as I type this! Very cute rain boots. You look so cute in both outfits! I LOVE that cheetah umbrella. I had one but it broke :( Have a great weekend Amy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog! http://countrygirlcityfashion.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! That means so much to me! I was nominated for the Liebster award last month! I feel so honored.

      Delete
  4. Yikes, sorry to hear about all the rain but your boots are really fun! And I love how you matched your scarf to your umbrella, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute rainboots!

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love those rain boots! You bring sunshine with your cute outfits in that hometown weather of yours! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, you're so cute in your rain boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need a pair of rain boots!! they are so cute and you can make them look so great!! i love the pattern on yours!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete