I feel extremely grateful and honored that Caroline at Love, Caroline
nominated my little blog for the Liebster Award!!! She is so sweet and has a wonderful blog that I have loved following! Thank you Caroline!!! You are classy and beautiful inside and out!!
11 Facts About Me
1. I absolutely love my job!! Teaching is my passion and I love helping kids believe they can do anything!!!
2. I took dance lessons for 13 years starting when I was 5, until I was 18. I love dancing and still miss it to this day! When I was introduced to Colin, my friend said you will love him because he is a good dancer. They were right and that definitely attracted me to him! Haha! :)
3. I have 4 siblings (brothers) who mean the world to me! I have two half-brothers (Trevor and Mitchell) who are 16 and 19 and live in Texas. I have a brother who is 24 (Tommy) and lives in Ohio about two and half hours away from me and a step-brother (Jay) who is 27 and lives in New York. We are all pretty close and whenever I spend time with them we always end up laughing so hard, we cry! Haha!
4. I still live at home with my parents (my roomies)! Being a substitute teacher, you do not get paid very much. I want to save as much money as I can, so living with them seems to be the best decision for me. I absolutely love my roomies! Haha! My mom would probably love it if I stayed forever, but I told her I don't want to be like that movie "Failure to Launch"!
5. I was voted "Best Dressed" in High School and have had a love for fashion ever since!!
6. My favorite sports team is the Detroit Red Wings (hockey)! I grew up watching my brothers play hockey and watch hockey. My Dad played hockey at Bowling Green State University!! I love watching it and going to games! I'm always on the edge of my seat because it's so intense and exciting!
7. My Birthday is tomorrow! My mom always tells the story about how baby girls that were born always got pink bows on their head, but I got a green one because I was born the day before St. Patrick's Day!
7. My favorite holiday is CHRISTMAS!! I love getting gifts for people and making them happy! I love baking Christmas cookies with my family! I love decorating for Christmas!! We started a new tradition this year of doing a Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt after Christmas Eve Church service! It was a blast! Our whole family comes to our house for Christmas, so that makes it even more fun!! Next year we are going to have an Ugly Sweater Christmas at our house! :)
8. My favorite food is chocolate covered strawberries (if you consider that a food)! I'm such a sweet tooth and I honestly drool over chocolate covered strawberries! YUM!
9. I love everything nautical!! I literally call myself SailorAme on Instagram and Twitter! I love being on boats and going to the lake!! In my opinion, the best place in the world is on a boat in the water on a sunny summer day!
10. I'm in love with this handsome man named Colin (A.K.A. Wally)!! We met at a Fourth of July party and instantly hit it off! We have been together for over two and half years now!
11. I'm obsessed with my black lab, 2 year old, Bear!!! He's what I look forward to coming home to every day!!! He's my snuggle bug!! I love him to pieces!!!
1. (Obligatory) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because my mom started a blog Live.Love.Lake. and she seemed so excited about doing new posts and thinking of things to post about. She inspired me to start one!! I talked about starting a blog with only her for about a month and she finally talked me into it and taught me how to start my own (she works with computers).
2. Where is your favorite place to go?
My favorite place to go is Hilton Head Island! I went there twice when I was younger and then my family went every summer while I was in college.
3. What's your most favorite time of year? (i.e. Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall)
Summer! I love swimming, boating, going to the lake, and being tan!!!
5. If you could go to any place in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Paris! I would love to travel around Paris and shop!! Also, I've never been out of the country, so that would be awesome!
6. Where do you like to shop?
Everywhere, but my favorites are Target, Kohl's, Forever 21, and TJ Maxx!!
7. Who is your favorite music artist?
Carrie Underwood! Country all the way!
8. What do you do for family time with your family?
Mainly, we go out to dinner together! It's our time away from TV and Cell Phones!
9. What make up item could you not live without?
Mascara!!!! I feel that I could go without everything, but if I go without mascara everyone will ask me if I'm tired or tell me I look tired. Haha!
10. How do you like to style your hair?
Curly! It's very time consuming with thick, long hair, but I just love the way it looks! Classy!
11. What is one of your favorite memories?
Going to University of Cincinnati almost every month during Freshman and Sophomore year of college for all of my high school friend's birthdays!! We would always come home with millions of pictures and memories! I would stay up late Sunday night uploading every picture to Facebook and the comments would make us laugh SO hard for months after!!! It's never a dull moment with those girls!
Rules For My Nominees
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with up to 200 followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the lovely blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Which childhood memory will you never forget?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. What is your go-to outfit?
5. If you could get any fashion item for free, what would it be?
6. What do you like to do in your free time, besides blogging? :)
7.What is the most rewarding thing you've ever done?
8. Describe your closet in one or two word(s).
9. What is the best vacation you've ever been on?
10. Have you ever done something totally spontaneous? If so, what was it?
11. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?