Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Interviews In Mind

We are getting closer to the end of the school year and being a substitute who wants to become a teacher, I'm trying to look more professional to work, so schools can see me and notice me as a good candidate if they have a job opening. Also, I have been filling out many job applications lately, so it makes me think of what I would wear for an interview. I've been looking at interview outfits on Pinterest and browsing through my closet for some good ideas. I would love to get some advice from my lovely fashionista blogging friends, what would you wear to an interview? I'd love to get some great ideas from all of you!!


Pink Bubble Necklace from Amazon (NOW) for $9.50!!
Royal Blouse from TJ Maxx (last year) similar here for $19.80!
Black and White Tweed Blazer from Forever 21 (last year) similar to this for $34.99
Silver Skinny Belt from Forever 21 similar to this for $12.99!
Dark Gray High-Waisted Trousers from Forever 21 (few years ago) similar here for $28!!
Herringbone Low Heel from TJ Maxx (this year) similar to these for $19.49!

14 comments:

  1. OMG GIRL!!! you look great! if they dont hire you they are CRAZYYY! This looks says im classy, have style but i mean business!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love that!!! :) I hope I at least get an interview somewhere! Haha fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Ooh great question Amy! Wish I had some tips for you! I'm sure you will dress perfectly for your interviews! Best of luck on the job hunt! Hope you land your dream teaching job:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit! cute but professional!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Definitely a great work day look! I'd say if you had an interview to switch out the fun bubble necklace for something more classic though, principals don't always realize what's cool, so classic might be better :)
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always look so classy and professional :) All of your outfits would look GREAT in interviews! At my last interview, I wore a pencil skirt and professional top. I also had a GIANT BOOT on my leg because of a stress fracture, haha! It actually served me quite well because it immediately served as an ice breaker to everyone interviewing me when they asked WHAT happened??

    If you wanna borrow the boot, I'll mail it to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's such a great story! That boot is good luck!! :) You are too sweet!!

      Delete
  6. I love this outfit and that blue top is GORG. I think this outfit is great for an interview, just minus the bubble necklace. But definitely after you've got the job (because you will get it!) throw that awesome statement necklace on!

    <3 Danielle
    Goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two years ago when I interviewed for my current job, I wore a black dress with a short sleeved blazer. It was the perfect outfit for an interview, but far overdressed for subbing in Kindergarten in mid-June. You can see the dress here, styled with a cardigan instead of the blazer. http://leeleewrites.com/what-i-wore-ready-for-an-adventure/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually posted the outfits I wore to my interviews last year and I got the job... so, I guess they worked! =) They're hanging around pinterest somewhere. lol I say where something that shows off your fun and vibrant personality, something that shows you have creativity and can keep kids engaged, but that doesn't take away from allowing you to show how smart you are. You've got this!

    p.s. I love what you're wearing here! I'd probably just do a cardigan instead of a blazer for a teaching interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE..I used to interview candidates as a mgr a few years back and I would definitely hire you! :) very professional..this outfit is perfect for an interview! <3

    http://missrenaaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete