Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Neon Nanny!

I have had such a fun summer being a nanny! They actually call me Nanny too which is too cute for words. I play so much with the two girls and they wear me out! Yesterday, it was extremely hot and humid, but that didn't stop our fun. We did crafts in the morning, went to the park, and swam in the pond. I'm getting so attached to these girls. It will be hard when the summer ends. I went to Walmart last night and bought them a fun turtle blow-up raft to play with in the pond. I hope they love it! Being a nanny and playing with little kids all day in this heat, I find myself wearing very light and comfortable clothing.

I just got this fabulous neon statement necklace and I'm obsessed with it. I base outfits around it. Ha. Do you ever base your outfits on an accessory like a necklace, a pair of shoes, earrings, or a fun bag?? I find myself doing this a lot.


Neon Statement Necklace from Amazon (NOW) for $9.99.
Neon Ruffled Tank from TJ Maxx similar to this for $13.75.
Black Polka Dot Shorts from VS similar to these for $19.80.
Silver Sandals from Guess Outlet similar to these for $11.50.


9 comments:

  1. I nannied when I was younger for a number of summers, it's work but can be so fun too. Glad you're enjoying it! Cute outfit and I love this necklace!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is adorable! I definitely plan outfits around accessories, especially when they are new! I worked at a daycare when I was in college and that was fun, but I think being a nanny would be much more fun and special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also plan my outfits around accessories, and most often SHOES! I love the idea of a neon necklace--a great way to dip your toe in the trend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest nanny ever! I love the neon pop! Do you happen to know the Layne family? They are friends of ours who moved to your city last year! Great family! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute you're being a nanny Amy! I love this outfit. Great neon necklace hehe xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look beautiful in this outfit and your necklace is stunning.sounds like you have a real good time with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whenever I buy a statement necklace or cute handbag I always base my outfit around it :-) love the neon on you..I need to start buying my necklaces from amazon..you always find the good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That necklace is awesome! Can't believe there's so many cool statement necklaces on Amazon for so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get some great necklaces from Amazon. This might be your cutest necklace yet - I love it.

    I have never nannied or even had changed a diaper before having my baby. It is a lot of work but kids are fun (babies included). I can tell you love to be a nanny and that you are great at it.

    ReplyDelete